Have you ever wanted to make a green move? Green Van Lines is the first certified and insured eco-friendly moving business in the United States. They start with 100% recycled boxing and packing supplies and minimize paper by using electronic communication whenever possible. Employees even wear organic cotton shirts. They support Stop Global Warming and plant a tree with Trees for the Future with every move.
Green Van Lines environmentally conscious business features:
- Boxes and packing supplies are made from recycled and/or biodegradable materials on all of their long distance moves. Even the bubble wrap they use is made from biodegradable materials.
- Special biodegradable and reusable plastic crates are used in place of cardboard boxes on their local Texas moves. Reusable plastic crates will be available for long distance moves in the near future.
- Special Bio-Diesel certified engines that burn cleaner fuel for the environment are used. They are working to convert all of their trucks and recently purchased hybrid vehicles for company use and on-site inspections.
- They plants trees with Trees for the Future for every move. Planting trees absorbs dangerous carbons and produces enough oxygen to support a family of four for an entire year.
- They eliminate the use of paper waste and incorporate electronic communication wherever possible. Their work orders can be signed electronically and their estimators even use electronic devices to record inventory and other information.
- Employees wear organic cotton uniforms. They say: “we’re green right down to the shirt on our backs!” Many of their moving blankets and pads are made from organic cottons.
- They are exploring the possibility of alternate clean burning fuels and other unique operating practices. They contribute both physically and financially to the daily fight for eliminating carbon emissions and the development of alternate energy sources.
- They promote other Green organizations including Stop Global Warming on many of their quotes and communications. They believe strongly that one person or one company can make a difference.
- They are a member of the Green Movers USA, a network of eco-friendly moving companies working together to change the moving industry. With a network of eco-friendly movers, they can learn from one another and greatly increase their efforts.
- They reach out and provide assistance to moving companies who wish to convert outdated wasteful practices to greener methods.
Green Van Lines is family owned and operated and they move people throughout the United States. They are insured by both the Texas and U.S. Department of Transportation and provide the most competitive prices related to other reputable moving companies. Locations are in four Texas cities: Addison, Dallas, Garland and Houston. Green Van Lines has a wide range of services including auto, residential, corporate and industrial moves. Storage services and moving and packing supplies are also available. They also move people internationally through a network of trusted affiliated partners to help make your move more responsible and environmentally friendly.
Part of the article also posted on Examiner.com