7 Benefits to Team Mastermind
We have all heard the saying, “Two heads are better than one.” It’s been around forever and most likely because it’s true. For example, let’s take a problem. Two people working on the same problem are each going to come up with their own ideas on how to solve it. Some of those ideas may be the same; others will not. When you put these two minds together and have them work the issue, something interesting happens, something Napoleon Hill called “The Master Mind.” He described this as the third mind, a separate force in the conversation. Bringing the minds together added an entirely new effect, one so much greater than each mind could produce on its own. We have now created a team.
A team can be described as a group of individuals who are pursuing the same goal by working together. Each must understand their relationship to the team for the team to be successful. A team can elevate the performance of each of the members to bring everyone to new heights. Many have heard the acronym, T.E.A.M. – Together Everyone Achieves More. Those that have had the privilege to be a part of a real team would probably agree.
So, ask yourself, “Do you have a strong team surrounding you?” Most of us have friends and family, which is a fundamental team to have around us. However, often it is essential for us to have another team around us. One that can be honest while not worried about hurting our feelings. One that understands what you are going through, because they are going through it as well. These are areas that friends and family are often not our best sources to call on. They may be too close or worry about upsetting us. We often can’t ask them to hold us accountable because they are too close.
It may be time to look at another type of team… something called a Mastermind. While Napoleon Hill is the one that coined the phrase back in 1928, Masterminds are something that have been going on for hundreds of years and maybe even longer. Mastermind groups can be created for just about any purpose, skill, business or personal reason. It’s just about finding the one that works best for you. Collaboration is a potent tool that can take everyone to new levels.
7 Benefits of being part of a Mastermind Team:
- Exclusive Group – Masterminds are small exclusive groups made up of like-minded individuals that share common goals. They know working together will yield more ideas and therefore faster growth. No matter what the focus of the group is, it creates a secure support network for all involved. Each member is expected to be engaged and give honest feedback. These groups can be an incredible source of energy and inspiration. It’s this comradery that provides masterminds with their exclusivity.
- Collaboration – What comes from collaboration … brainstorming, new ideas, insights, knowledge, opinions, different perspectives and the list could go on forever. That is what makes this team so unique. It’s not about one single person but the group as a whole. Working together and collaborating can take you so much further than where each could get on their own.
- Confidence in Decision Making – Life has a lot of decisions in it. Some easy, some not so much. Take for example a business owner; they have many choices to make daily that affect their business and even those around them. However, they often feel alone in making those decisions. Having a like-minded team of people to bounce ideas off of could make all the difference in the world, giving you much more confidence in your decision making. Use the experience and wisdom of the others while sharing your own with the group. Everyone wins!
- Issues & Problems – Wouldn’t it be nice to have others to bounce new ideas off of or work through those pesky problems that you just haven’t been able to solve. Get a fresh perspective on this issue. Maybe someone outside of the situation that is more objective and can see something you are not. Most will tell you not to let your emotions get in the way of making a decision, but we all know that is easier said than done. Talking through these things with your team can help you see where you may not be objective. Members can offer more solutions which bring us back to our “two heads are better than one” theory.
- Think Bigger – There have been many studies that have shown that we tend to “think bigger” in groups than we do on our own. It makes sense when you think about it. Again, we see more ideas being tossed out, and from there, ideas tend to grow. While our thought may only take us so far, a team can help you see where that can stretch even further, and how to accomplish it. Our minds tend to grow and expand, and we challenge ourselves to go beyond our limits. The bar is raised!
- Resources – We all know how essential resources can be for getting something done, whether it is knowledge or needing a service performed. How often do you ask friends, family or even neighbors for a referral instead of just searching Google? We want someone we can trust. Looking back at our business owner, having this team of people that you work with on a regular basis expands your network of resources and knowledge. Not only do you have the trusted members of your group, but you now have access to their resources as well. You have exponentially expanded your network and a trusted network to boot.
- Accountability – Is it possible to hold yourself accountable? Maybe that question should be, “Is it possible to hold yourself accountable 100% of the time?” That’s a tough one. I guarantee you how most successful people in this world would answer that question… NO! That is why they have Coaches, Mentors, Mastermind Groups, Boards of Directors. These team members are who keep them accountable. It’s challenging to hold yourself accountable all the time. That is why successful people make sure they have someone to do it for them. If you want to reach new levels, you will have to find a way to hold yourself accountable. A team can do that for you.
Having a trusted group of people around you can be a real game changer. Whether you are a business owner trying to grow your business or an individual that is looking for support, there are groups out there that can help. If you can’t find one, take the initiative and create one yourself. Collaboration amongst individuals is so powerful and elevates everyone. Find your team today and take yourself to new levels of greatness. You owe it to yourself!
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash
Other articles you may be interested in: