Work Your Plan and Plan Your Work
I do believe in working your plan and planning your work. That being said, I am also a big believer in spontaneity. When you get an inspiration, you should act on it! You do need a plan, an outline, to navigate your life and work and keep you on a positive path. However, that path doesn’t have to be a straight line. In fact, I myself do love to stray from my straight path when I am inspired.
Think about when you are the happiest. Are you surrounded by people or are you all by yourself? Do you enjoy being organized? Is your desk neat or is your desk in neat piles that “looks” cluttered; however, you know what is contained in every pile. Neither way is better than the other–it just helps you to know your personality so that you can become the best YOU.
Also, I am a big fan of the Myers-Briggs personality classifications. It is a way for you to learn about yourself, the people you work with, and your family. There are 16 different personality types. It helps you to know yourself and others better, so you can be more productive in your work and your personal life. You can easily take the test for yourself by Googling Myers & Briggs.
1) Extravert (E) or Introvert (I): Do you get your energy from the outside world (E) or do you reenergize yourself with your inner world (I)?
2) Sensing (S) or Intuition (N): Do you like to get your information using the basic information provided (S) or do you tend to follow your gut feeling and make decisions that way (N)?
3) Thinking (T) or Feeling (F): Do you make decisions using your logical Spock-like mind (T) or do you use your feelings to make decisions (F)?
4) Judge (J) or Perceiving (P): Do you like to follow a specific path and judge what will happen (J) or do you prefer to fly by the seat of your pants and perceive the way the ball will roll (P)?
I am an ENFJ. I have an outgoing personality and I love to be around people to be my most energized (E). I follow my feeling and go with by gut feeling. (N). I am not super logical and prefer to make decisions by my feelings (F). I like to have a basic plan to follow, an outline for me to follow, and I also prefer to be on time and feel frustrated with others who aren’t (J).
So, work your plan and plan your work; however, don’t be afraid to stray from the path that lies straight ahead of you. Follow your inner intuition and let your inner-self lead you down your own, original road, to become the best YOU that is deep inside of you.
Photo by Jesus Hilario H. on Unsplash
Other articles you may be interested in:
- Organization Is The Key: Try Being A Felix Unger Instead Of An Oscar Madison by Meg Henderson Wade
- Get Your Motor Running… by Kimberly Sulfridge
- Which Brain Are You Leading With? by Julie Chance
- 4 Things About Self-Love We Should Teach Our Children & Ourselves by Kristina Fortune