Ways to use coconut oil in your beauty routine
We all know that it is important to have a good beauty routine to make sure that we are taking the best care we can of both our skin and hair. We put our bodies through a lot from the heat and color we put on our hair to wearing make-up on our faces. Read on to discover some top uses of coconut oil for hair care and other parts of your beauty regime too.
Top 3 uses of coconut oil for hair
Using coconut oil for hair care is not a new concept, but do you know exactly how to use it to take care of your hair? Here are three ways to add coconut oil to your hair care routine.
First, you will need to melt the coconut oil to a liquid to make it easier to use in each of the uses below. To do this follow these simple steps:
- Pop your coconut oil into a small bowl.
- Place the bowl into a larger bowl of boiling water, (without allowing it to float or take on water).
- Leave it to sit in the hot water until the coconut oil is melted.
- Now you are ready to try out some of our top uses of coconut oil for hair which you can find below.
- After washing your hair, use coconut oil to condition your hair.
- Gently massage the melted coconut oil into your hair.
- Work through your hair using a comb or hair pick.
- Wrap your hair in a small towel (or shower cap if you have one).
- Leave the coconut oil on your hair for at least thirty minutes.
- Shampoo your hair to remove the oil.
- Coconut oil can be an effective treatment against dandruff and other dry scalp conditions. Simply follow the above steps for conditioning, but instead of shampooing the oil out after thirty minutes, leave it overnight.
- Coconut oil can be great as a way to naturally detangle your hair. Simply massage it in to the ends of your hair then comb through your hair, starting at the ends and making your way up to the roots.
Other top ways to use coconut oil in your beauty routine
Now that you know how to use coconut oil for hair care you may be wondering if it would be a good product for other beauty uses; and it is! Here are some other top ways to add coconut oil to your beauty routine.
- If you’ve been on a girls’ night out and have been wearing heavy eye make-up or mascara, use coconut oil as a perfect, natural make-up remover.
- Mixing a tablespoon of both coconut oil and ground coffee respectively together will create a lovely, moisturizing body scrub. If you’re not a fan of coffee swap it out for sea salt or sugar.
- Pop on a thin layer of coconut oil after your shower to moisturize your skin.
- Make your own face mask with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil, which can be left for 10 minutes before removing for smooth, great smelling skin.
With these top tips you now have all the information you need to be able to use coconut oil for hair care as well as skin care.