Random Acts of Kindness
Living a life that includes random acts of kindness, with love as the foundation, is a win win opportunity for everyone.
“We cannot do great things on this earth, only small things with great love.”- Mother Theresa
Living a life filled with love and kindness is good for you and it also benefits those around you. Kindness is the act of compassionately and selflessly giving. When we act with kindness in our heart, we humanize every interaction and uplift the energetic behavior.
It is now more important than ever to act with kindness and love. There is so much divisiveness in today’s world, sometimes it is hard to find any common ground. Kindness is a value that seems almost forgotten and surely disregarded by many. To live with love and generosity in your heart is the only way to find true happiness and purpose. The act of being in a very real and profound way, making the difference we want to see in the world.
In 2015, Oprah challenged us to extend ourselves in kindness, in spirit, and in generosity and promised that in doing so, our lives would change remarkably. Kindness is linked to happiness, contentment, gratitude, and good fortune, all increasing by every new act. When you extend yourself to others in need, you become aware of how we are all interconnected and with that awareness comes empathy and compassion. If you can see yourself in others, it becomes eerily apparent that we are more similar than dissimilar and therefore it becomes easier to offer a hand up to help those in need.
Some examples of random acts of kindness that can be done every day may include:
- Allow someone in the grocery line to go before you or a car to merge into your lane in traffic
- Bring in your neighbor’s garbage cans on trash day
- Share your garden bounty with friends and neighbors
- Give a gift card to someone for no reason or pay for the coffee of the person in line behind you
Benefits of practicing random acts of kindness:
- It’s a win/win! It feels good to do for others and the benefits are shared with the kind deed recipient
- You will most likely feel a certain kind of high due to the rise of dopamine and serotonin that increases with kind behavior
- Kindness creates a sincere and strengthened bond between the kind actor and the one who benefits from the kind behavior
- Kindness reduces stress
My life’s purpose encompasses sharing with others the awareness to evolve and transform. My mission is to help others learn the power of service and how it influences their purpose in life. Kindness and a generosity of spirit are both powerful and integral to contributing to the lives of others.
“There is incredible beauty in the difficult moments. They often illuminate the path to unlocking your life purpose”- Rachel H. Graham