During the first few weeks of the year, most of us invariably plan on how we can make 2017 the best year ever. I know even at the end of last month, I began my assessment of 2016 and how I could make 2017 even better.
Well, sometimes less is more!
A few years ago, I wrote a piece about ‘one word resolutions’ – which I still believe is one of the most succinct and powerful ways to produce change and focus.
For example, a person (or company’s) one word could be “healthy” – which could be applied to healthy business expansion, healthy lifestyle, and healthy attitudes about people, conditions, or professional aspirations. Regardless, the “one word” forces us to stay focused and not lose the overall plot when life as we know it consumes us. Start there. (And yes, my word – in the spirit of full declaration – is healthy!).
I also thought it may also be helpful to introduce a few incredible resources which may offer the support we need as we embark on 2017. Given my personal “one word” for 2017 is Healthy – this is the frame by which I have approached this article. These resources will be of value to ANYONE who is pursuing a better self in 2017. They address physical and spiritual well-being, as well as professional relevance. What we ingest into our bodies will invariably show up on our bodies, our faces, and in our lives. Often, this is the first thing to fall off. It often takes a village to keep us on point and disciplined in taking care of ourselves.
1. No single experience has transformed me more fully than the team at Beyond Studios. Brandi and her incredibly supportive team of non-judgmental, talented, and super-fit trainers give encouragement far beyond Pilates, spin or Bounce classes. They meet you where you are and take you beyond. Never judging and always giving the B-12 shot we often need. AND – I am excited to say, at age 55, I am training for my first half marathon every day….starting this Saturday. Thanks to Luke’s Locker I am totally pumped (and intimidated). Yet….there is no time like the present to change your course….so I am going for it!
2. For incredible supplements which have been highly recommended to augment a naturally balanced lifestyle – check out Juice Plus. The simplicity is amazing, and as I grow older and manage the stress of being an entrepreneur, I know this will benefit me. The testimonials have been mind-boggling.
3. Do you want to experience the best skin of your life? Literally and actually, would you like to take off years of sun damage, wrinkles, and just the worn out look we get from years of air travel and dehydration? Check out this amazing skin care line – you will NOT BELIEVE the results until you see and experience them yourself. I believe in this so much that I am now a distributor of these products….and yes, they do work! It is an extension of my Alignment, Inc. business – as I believe how a person feels about themselves physically is a vital part of becoming fully aligned. There is a 100% money-back guarantee…which is equally astounding.
4. Have you felt stressed out in 2016, are encouraged yet perhaps a bit tentative about 2017? It is amazing what a short 20 minutes twice a day of Transcendental Meditation can do for your perspective and peace of mind. I have meditated for years (mindfulness meditation) and it actually lowered my blood pressure. I am starting my training in TM this Saturday at the TM offices in Dallas (on Preston Road). It is an entirely different approach which has thousands of followers from Ellen DeGeneres to George Stephanopoulos to Jerry Seinfeld. I can hardly wait – Jerry has been practicing for 40 (!!) years. And no, it is NOT a religion; it is simply a technique to re-charge your brain (and your body).
5. Finally, Michael Hyatt writes a blog which is chock full of business resources and helpful hints for entrepreneurs as well as corporate leaders. His first entry of 2017 talks about the law of diminishing intent…wow! It will have you thinking! He is worth checking out – at least for this entry, if not as a new subscriber.
I hope these 5 resources will help all of us make 2017 the BEST year possible!
If you have additional resources and suggestions for our community – please share in the comment section! Blessings to each of you for a fulfilling and prosperous new year! Thank you for your ongoing support, interest, and input!