Last week we discussed the effects of radiation and how to overcome them with evidence-based natural therapies. This week our focus will be chemotherapy.
There are innumerable forms and kinds of chemotherapy. According to the National Cancer Institute, the premise behind chemotherapy is to destroy cancer cells with specific drugs. “Chemotherapy works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells, which grow and divide quickly. But it can also harm healthy cells that divide quickly, such as those that line your mouth and intestines or cause your hair to grow. Damage to healthy cells may cause side effects.”
Interestingly the web site states that chemotherapy can “cure” cancer. Unfortunately, the dismal reality is that chemotherapy has only a 2.1% success rate. In 2004, the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Northern Sydney Cancer Center in Australia conducted an analysis of 22 types of malignancies and the 5 year survival statistics involving chemotherapy alone. The results were pretty dismal and called for “a rigorous evaluation of the cost-effectiveness and impact on quality of life” for the continued use of such toxic therapies.
“The overall contribution of curative and adjuvant cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5-year survival in adults was estimated to be 2.3% in Australia and 2.1% in the USA.”
The modern era of chemotherapy can be traced directly to the German introduction of chemical warfare during World War I. After a bombing in Italy with mustard gas, autopsies were conducted to determine any causal effects. They discovered that the chemical warfare had suppressed the production of certain types of somatic cells that replicated rapidly. The lieutenant kernel overseeing this “experiment”, was an expert in chemical warfare. He concluded that this poison could also potentially be put to usein helping to suppress the division of certain types of cancerous cells. And thus the chemotherapy industry began.
If you develop cancer, you already have a compromised Immune System and your body is already sick.
You did not become sick because you developed cancer.
You developed cancer because your body is sick, toxic and tired. You have to get to the cause of the cancer, in order to truly heal.
Here are a few excerpts from my friend Jillian’s book, “What’s Your Plan”, that may help you prevent and or recover from the many side-effects of chemo.
- Heart Damage may be prevented with the use of CoQ10. Studies have shown that CoQ10 works by preventing damage to the heart cells’ mitochondria, the battery of the cell that is responsible for energy production.
- Diarrhea can be caused by targeted immune therapies. L-Glutamine powder helps to protect the cells of the digestive tract as well as repair the GI tract. Adding probiotics to your regime will implant healthy bacteria in your gut, which is your body’s first line of defense.
- Fatigue occurs since your body is working hard to heal and overcome the side effects of the toxic drugs. L-Carnitine is an amino acid complex that has improved sleep, mood and decreased fatigue with patients with advanced cancer.
- Hand Foot Syndrome better known as Palmar Plantar Erythrodysthesia is a sloughing off and peeling of the hands and the feet. Vitamin B6 works well to prevent this syndrome.
- Mouth Sores are a common side effect. A clinical trial in Egypt found that Manuka honey helped prevent mouth sores in patients receiving radiation and chemotherapy. Manuka honey has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
My heart goes out to the millions of women who are undergoing various cancer therapies. Please understand that I support and honor all women who have Breast Cancer, no matter what type of treatment plan they choose. I am thankful for the knowledge and the understanding that the body can heal from cancer and for the many women that I have worked with that are shining examples of Breast Cancer Conquerors. If you are searching for answers or know someone that is on a healing journey, please review and study The 7 Essentials™, 7 Essentials Steps to Beating Breast Cancer Naturally.