You don’t have to settle for the belief that success comes one step at a time. Consider challenging that belief if you want to live your full potential. We are capable of an explosive jump in performance at an accelerated rate, requiring less effort; a quantum leap. And if you want a quantum leap, start by reading You Squared by Price Pritchett. In just 36 pages – this little book will fill you with wisdom, insight and motivation. It’s a user’s guide for taking a quantum leap in your life.
“We don’t have to be content with incremental, gradual change through the application of hard work”
If you notice yourself doubting this idea, beware! It’s what keeps you stuck.
Here is a summary of the big ideas in this incredible book.
1. Quit Trying Harder – Trying harder only produces incremental gains.
“Trying harder is familiar and blinds you to easier pathways”
2. Ignore Conventional Approaches – A quantum leap requires an abrupt change in behavior. Finesse over effort. Simplicity over complexity.
3. Think Beyond What Common Sense Would Allow – Quantum leaps require “uncommon sense.” Rethink your thinking. Violate the boundaries of the predictable and probable.
4. Suspend Disbelief – Act as if your success is certain and proceed boldly. Your belief in yourself is enough evidence.
5. Focus On Ends Rather Than Means – It is crucial to have a clear picture and focus on what you want to accomplish. Solutions will appear. Draw the map as you go.
6. Rely On Unseen Forces – When you focus on the clear picture of what to accomplish, and move confidently toward it, unexpected and unknown resources materialize.
7. Choose A Different Set Of Rules – You can never avoid risk; you can only choose which risks you will take. Risk believing in yourself.
8. Trust In The Power Of The Pursuit – Dreams begin to form into reality when they are pursued, because the world behaves differently when you go after what you want.
9. Seek Failure and Feedback –
“Unless you are willing to fail, you will never test the limits of what you are capable of “
10. Get Uncomfortable – Quantum leaps jerk you out of your comfort zone. If you aren’t experiencing discomfort, the risk you are taking probably isn’t worthy of you.
11. Open Your Gifts – You have unused gifts waiting to play a role in your quantum leap. Claim them, use them and they will grow.
12. Fall In Love – Create a dramatic dream that goes beyond the ‘reasonable’, and then allow it to become your “magnificent obsession.”
13. Make Your Move Before You Are Ready – You don’t prepare for a quantum leap, you make it… and then you fine tune as you go.
14. Look Inside For The Opportunity – Everything else that’s needed comes from inside you, not from anything outside you. Look inside for what pulls you; that is where you find direction.
Maybe you’re on the edge of a quantum leap right now; one that skips several rungs on the achievement ladder. If it feels outrageous, that’s how you know it’s a quantum leap. This is not something you learn from family, school or work. A leap like this requires uncommon thinking.
Quantum leaps are the foundation for bringing dreams into reality, so I invite you to look at what area of your life is calling you to make a radical shift? Consider the principles Pritchett presents, and then… just do it. Make the leap and trust that everything is in position to support you.